***Call for Travel Grant Applications for CLEF 2017***
Deadline: 31st July 2017
We are happy to announce that a limited number of travel grants are available to support travel of outstanding student participants to the CLEF 2017 conference. Researchers who have recently defended their PhDs are also eligible to apply for these awards.
Deadline for application: 31st July 2017 Applications should be sent by email to Annalina Caputo <Annalina.Caputo [at] adaptcentre.ie> and Mostafa Bayomi <mostafa.bayomi [at] adaptcentre.ie>.
The award will give you a financial contribution towards attending CLEF 2017. The amount awarded will be dependent upon the cost of your participation in CLEF 2017.
Funds for these awards are limited and we are seeking ensure that awards are made to enable the maximum level of participation in the conference by students presenting papers or who have participated actively in CLEF 2017 Labs, and for whom attending the workshop will impact positively on their ongoing studies.
In order to assess your application we need you to address the following points:
- Technical details (max. 200 words):
- If you are presenting a paper or poster at CLEF 2017, please give the title of the paper or poster that you personally will present..
- If you participated in a CLEF 2017 Lab, please prepare a short description of your participation in the CLEF 2017 Labs.
- Personal statement (max. 200 words):
- Explain briefly how participation in the CLEF 2017 Conference will contribute to your ongoing studies.
- Give an approximation of the costs that you will incur should you attend.
- Statement of support (max. 100 words):
- Please include a brief statement from your supervisor/advisor in support of your application.
We would appreciate if you please give an honest indication of whether the support would be “nice to have” or whether it is essential in order for your to be able to travel to and participate in the CLEF 2017 Conference.
If you miss the deadline and your nationality or your visa status already permits travel to the Republic of Ireland (in other words, you do not need time in order to apply for a visa) please contact us to inquire about whether we can accept late applications.